1.31.2010

My friends are better than your friends!

I had the best birthday I could have asked for. I wasn't even expecting that much. I mean, as you get older, birthdays seem less and less important. I remember when I was elementary school, I'd plan my birthday way far in advance and even make my invitations and party bags and such. Oh how I miss those days.

But this year was one of the best birthdays. Mom left for Japan so I was a little sad, but she left to go take care of my grandma so, she had a legit reason. The day before my birthday my sisters and I had the opportunity to sing together in church for the first time since Sachi's homecoming. I love singing with my sisters! Mike Van is the greatest and came to watch us. What a great friend.

Afterwards, my family and Aaron and I had dinner at my parents. We had some delicious ice cream and cake that Misako so graciously prepared for me. Opened presents. I got a magic bullet!! I cannot wait to use it! and I got socks and a lot of other great things. (I love socks.) It was a great celebration.

On my birthday, I had to go to school/work, unfortunately. But Aaron came up to surprise me and took me to Tuscany's. Such a great place! Light up menus, way way cool!

Then yesterday Mike Van wanted to treat me to dinner so we decided to go to Texas Road House. And I was planning on seeing Aaron afterwards so I was really excited for that night. But then Aaron texted me and said he couldn't come up so, that kinda got me down. Anyway, so Mike came over and told me we had about 15 minutes to kill. So I used that to my advantage and had him fix a few things--my furnace, a few light bulbs, and my cabinet. Its nice having a guy around the house! Then Misa called me:

Misa: HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!!!

Mari: ...what?

Misa: ...happy birthday...

Mari: uh...do you know who you're talking to?

Misa: Mari??

Mari: What???

I was so confused because my birthday was on monday and didn't know if she was calling the wrong person. Then Mike intervened and told me she just called to tell me happy birthday because she knew he was taking me to dinner. I was a little mind boggled...So then we leave and get to the restaurant, walk in, and I see Jordan there with Leslie. I just thought, hey you guys are here too?? But then I walk in a bit further and I see Aaron and Sachi and Collin and Gordy and Alicia aaaand...am I missing anyone? oh dear, I was just so overwhelmed to see everyone there. Mikey! That sneaky boy. And Sachiko, his partner in crime. Aaron, sweet boy, I can't believe he took a BUS from Provo to come to dinner. Crazy kid! But I was so happy, I couldn't stop smiling! Afterwards, we went to my place and watched Bill and Ted's...actually, it was more like we put the movie on and everyone took a nap. Despite the fact, my birth week ended with a bang!

I love my friends so much. I am so blessed with the greatest friends ever.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Mari! That was such a fun surprise for you. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to cheer you up after you got your ticket and found out you couldn't hang out with A-Mac. But, we all knew in a few hours time you'd turn that frown upside down. :)

    Love you. Thanks for being the bestest friend that I could ask for. See you.... tonight. I'll sing for you when I get home.

    ReplyDelete