4.27.2009

Two down. Ten to go!

Being a waitress at Su Casa has its ups and downs. Lets start with the downs, shall we? That way we'll end this blog on a happy note.

(Not in any specific order...)
1. It is a very small space. The server station downtown is like working in a submarine! I think the most frequently used phrase is, "Ope, sorry!" after bumping into another employee.
2. The parking space is limited causing the employees to have to park 3 building spaces away.
3. After working a shift at Su Casa, my DKNY:Be Delicious perfume has morphed into the ever so entrancing aroma of salt covered chips and SALSA~! Nummyyyy~...
4. Hungry people = Ornery. Enough said.

Don't get me wrong--despite the list above, I love my job!! I find it amusing meeting different types of people every day--especially our regulars. They are so entertaining! They are so specific with their orders.
-Cheese enchilada, diet coke, ABSOLUTELY NO lettuce touching the plate.
-Lunch Special--black beans in the burrito and no enchilada sauce. Diet coke--don't forget the lemon!
-#9 with onions on top with a diet coke--straight up. (His words exactly)
-#7 and a side bean tostada--extra tomatoes and extra lettuce. 2 waters.

My list of regulars could go on and on! But want to know who's order is the last one?...Elder and Sister Oaks!! Yep. They are devoted customers of Su Casa Downtown. Which brings me to my next topic of discussion--Why I love Su Casa!

1. The food--duh.
2. The location is great. The U of U is just 2 minutes east. The temple is just down the street. Gateway and Energy Solutions Arena are 5 minutes west. Trax is one block over. etc etc etc.
3. This is totally random, but we got to all dress up for Halloween and it was so fun!!

4. Su Casa Truffles!!!!
5. Due to location, we've had many general authorities come in and grace us with their presence!

I have had the opportunity to wait on Elder Holland and Elder Oaks. They are some of the happiest customers, and I LOVE IT!! After serving customers that are hungry and ornery, people like Elder Holland and Oaks make it all worth it. Elder Holland would compliment my work, even when I simply set down his tray of chips and salsa. "Oh that looks just wonderful!" He constantly was smiling his cute smile with his happy-squinty eyes. After serving them their food, he called me an angel! ...wait, Me?? Being called an angel by an apostle of god?? As cheesy as this sounds, my heart was overwhelmed with joy!! It made me so happy. I must say, along with his beautiful spirit and infinite wisdom, he is one fantastic tipper!!
Serving Elder Oaks has been so fun. I've had the pleasure of serving him a few times. And every time has been just amazing. There is a spirit that these wonderful men bring into the room. He has such a glow about him! Just talking to him made my day so wonderful!! I would serve him, and he'd thank me with his booming speaker voice, "Oh thank you dear!" Ohhh it just makes me giddy!
Ohhh I love working at Su Casa. We get apostles for customers!! I've served two so far--10 to go!! Come join the crew!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you get to serve the many different people that you do. Being a waitress definitely does have its ups and downs, but I think it is so fun just meeting all the diverse people out there! Even in downtown Salt Lake City!

    And the truffles... mmmm... the truffles!

    ReplyDelete