1.12.2011

Something NEW!

Our first assignment in my advanced photo class was a writing one. My initial thought was, dang I haven't written anything for years!! I was really nervous to come up with something. Joe gave us this random 2 page article having nothing to do with photography. To be honest, I was a little bugged that this was a totally irrelevent assignment. We had to pick 50 words from the article and make up something completely new. I sat down and started writing a few words I wanted to use and, to my surprise, it was really easy! And I have to admit, it was kind of fun. I've never written anything like this before--english was never my forte in school.

I'm really proud of myself! And to some, my poem might be really silly and looks to be written by an amateur...Well. I am an amateur! But I still wanted to share it with my fellow bloggers.

The Airport
No resemblance to the Eden a girl once knew.
Sitting alone under a direct light,
a wild blizzard of intoxicating past events will not allow her to understand.
Whispering words somewhere from her past chill her body;
words of love lost by bladed good-byes,
never to see her treasures again.

TA-DA~!

1 comment:

  1. Mari, that is really cool!!! I think it is actually a beautiful piece. Not amateur at all! By the way, I really want to purchase a few of your photos. The bicycle picture and maybe a landscape picture from your trip to Italy... also maybe one of your door pictures. They are all so good! Let me know how I order. I really would love to put some color up in my house! Thanks girlie!

    ReplyDelete