5.24.2009

The refreshing drink: Lemonade.

Life has been giving me lemons lately. So, as a wise man once said, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Ergo, I added some water and a lil' suga suga, and VOILA! Sure enough, my lemonade is tasting delicious!! Due to my "lemons", I've had a lot of leisure time lately. I only work 3 times a week during the days, teach a little singing on the side, every now and then run some errands, but other than that, I don't know what to do with my time. So, trying to be optimistic about my depressingly open schedule, I figure, HEY! I'm going to make a schedule for myself, add in some things I've been wanting to fit into my past busy schedule. I'm actually really excited!
  • I'm planning on hiking Bell Canyon twice a week (Its such a fun hike/jog. Feel free to come along! The view is amazing during sunset.).
  • I have set aside actual BOM study times throughout my week. I think I follow a schedule easier than just saying "I'll get it done sometime today."
  • I'm going to start cooking meals--actual cooking. Not just putting a piece of meat and cheese between two slabs of bread.
  • I want to practice more photography.
  • Seeing "Wicked" inspired me to really focus on my singing, so I want to work harder at becoming stronger and more confident. (Idina Menzel's voice is ridiculously amazing!!)
Just to name off a few things on my to do list. I'm excited to actually get these things going! Before, I had a hard time checking things off my list. I think I'm really going to feel accomplished after this summer :)

2 comments:

  1. I like your BOM study idea. With freetime in summer, there's no longer the excuse of "I'll do it before bed", because heck, then you get into bed and don't want to do it!

    When you start cooking, you should also put on there that you're cooking for two. And then I'll come over and eat everything you worked so hard at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add "Write a letter to my long lost pen pal" on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete