8.23.2011

Ice packs will do the trick!

A couple nights ago, Deej and I had the hardest time falling asleep because it was so insanely hot! I kept complaining to him about how uncomfortable I was, and it seriously got me so ornery. He got up and just left the room--I thought he was so bugged by me whining that he decided to go sleep on the couch or something. About 3 minutes later, he comes back in the room and I hear lots of plastic crinkling. He came over to the bed and started laying about 6 or 7 freezing cold ice packs on me. Holy cow, it felt so nice! So we took turns rubbing each others feet with them to help cool us down...now that I think about it, we probably should have sanitized those ones in case they need to be used in the future...oops.

So the whole time we were just giggling at how ridiculous this situation was. We must have looked so funny. Deej is such a sweetheart--I've never had someone cover me in ice packs before when I complained about heat! I always thought how cliche it is when people say they fall more and more in love with their spouse as time goes on, but its so true. Its the little things he does that show me how much he loves me. Finally we ended up just laying the ice packs between us for the rest of the night to keep us nice and comfortable. So if you ever get too hot that it keeps you from getting a good nights rest, get your old lunch box ice packs out! Who knew, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment