8.21.2011

Ooh, Hunny hunny!

We've been married for a little over 3 wonderful months. And what a crazy ride it has been already. I wish I had blogged this when it was fresh in my mind, but I'll do my best!

So we left straight from the unbelievably perfect reception to the hotel and the next morning to the airport to head out to Cabo. Cabo was so fantastic! We got there, picked up the rental car, and drove to the hotel. Directions to the hotel were ridiculous so it took us a while driving in circles to find it. We finally saw this dinky little sign off the side of the freeway saying "small hotel". The Riu Palace is kinda a big...but we figured we'd check it out. We drove over this bumpy dirt road that wasn't looking too promising. Finally we turn the corner and see the Palace!! We made it! So we drive in, park the car and start walking. The parking lot was a couple levels below the entrance so we looked for signs for an elevator or escalator. Instead, we found a sign pointing to where the doctor's room was. You know, just in case we needed a check up before hiking with 80 pounds of luggage! So we had to lug our heavy suitcases up the flights of stairs in the hot, humid sun. Finally we got all settled in. And this is a little of what we got to enjoy for 5 short days:
Usually I can handle fancy food...but this is where I draw the line--when I see poop on my plate. So of course, I pass my left overs along to Deej.
Sooooo pretty! The water is so BLUE!
The second day we we're there we decided to go snorkeling at Lover's Beach.
Lover's Beach has sand under the bridge every 4 years only for a short few months. So we got lucky!
We got lucky again because our "group" or snorkelers was only Deej and me. So we got our personal tour guide for the entire afternoon. He showed us so many cool things in the ocean. He dove down and brought up things like a blow fish, lots of star fish, a sea cucumber, jelly fish...and he had this bottle full of bread that he would squeeze out while we were under water and all the fish would come swarming! I got a little grossed out at first, but it was definitely a fun swim. He took us across to a beach where the only way you could get to it was by counting the waves and running for your life across the path. If you got caught in the wave, you were done for. It was pretty intense!
Something attacked me while snorkeling...looks like nothing, but it stung like heck!
Some weird Iguana with a sombrero that I paid this man to hold for about 5 seconds...I couldn't handle it--creepy crawlies are just too much for me.
Goin' para-sailing!
So we were looking for the church on Sunday, but got lost...so we decided to just head to the airport. On our way we stopped by the gas station to fill up the rental and bought ourselves a...Bubu Lubu...? haha
When Deej gets into a game, he doesn't stop till he beats the entire thing. Talk about determined!

...I want to go back so bad! It was so nice not having to worry about a schedule or paying for things. All inclusive was pretty sweet. Ordering drinks by the pool or at the bar was a little funny though. We'd have to emphasize non-alcoholic so many times when ordering just to make sure they got it in their heads...I have a feeling sometimes it was lost in translation because a couple times it tasted...uh...yeah...

I need to start a money jar for another vacation like this one.

1 comment:

  1. that looks like so much fun!!! and you guys look soo cute

    ReplyDelete