8.21.2011

My New & Improved Life.

I have had such a busy life this year. One of the craziest, but definitely the best year so far! And it all happened so fast all right in a row that I had no time to blog about any of it. I thought, its probably a little late to be blogging about this stuff, but then I realized how I love reading my old posts and getting all nostalgic. So lets rewind to this past spring...I GRADUATED! It is so great to be finished and feel so accomplished. I definitely miss being around my photo friends, developing in the darkroom hours on end, editing one too many projects on the computer...yes, I miss it for sure. But I am so excited for this new chapter in my life and for the chapters to come.
 
Its so nice to be on my own and starting my own new projects. The biggest one definitely is my new married life!

So mister DJ and I tied the knot May 10th, 2011.
So our sealer thought our sealing was a half hour after the actual time, plus he did talk for quite some time, so it took us a bit longer to get through the temple than expected. But my family and best friends were so awesome to stick around and cheer us on as we came out the temple. 
Megan, Sachi, and I have been the Three Musketeers since we can remember.
This was one of the funniest moments of the day. So these two cute Asian ladies on the left were asking Heather(my photographer) if they could step into the picture. Knowing that I have Asian relatives, she assumed they were family, so they jumped right in! I was so confused...and Heather picked up on this and then realized, they weren't family, but total strangers! However, the situation was too good to pass up this photo-op, so laughing hysterically, Heather caught this great candid shot I will never forget. 
The Osterloh Cousins! Seriously the funniest group I know.
 
These handsome men just happen to be my brothers from another mothers...fo real. Mike Van Boogenheimer, Colliflower, and Spencie, Love you guys!
My sisters...I don't even know where to begin. All I can say is, we have such a strong bond between all of us...And if anyone, anyone tries to hurt one of my sisters, I would take them out. I would make them suffer so much that they'd wish they were never born. And if they ran, I would hunt them down...Thank you, Kathy. (Name that movie!)
It was so fun to just walk around the temple with my husband. Such a perfect day! I know the trend is to be kinda serious in some photos, but seriously, I had the hardest time with that. I was too happy/smiley/laughy the whole day! So...that is why you will not be seeing any serious photos--I look like a clown in all of them...
 
 
This boy is just too cute. And he's all mine baby!
The photo below on the right is as close to serious as you'll get...
I absolutely LOVED my dress. This dress is by far the most spontaneous thing I've done in my life. But that's a story for another day...


It was so twirly and flowy--I couldn't help but spin around every now and then.
And my beautiful flowers were put together by my florist/neighbor/dear family friend, Phyillis Parrish. She and her husband were so wonderful helping us with everything from doing our flowers to providing the amazing ballroom in their home for our reception. 
I miss and think about my wedding all the time. It couldn't have been more perfect. I am so grateful for my wonderful photographer, Heather of Heather Nan Photography. Thanks to her fabulous work, I will never forget my perfect day :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Mari! I'm so happy for you! and that movie is Miss Congeniality! such a good movie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE brides... thanks Mari!

    ReplyDelete