8.29.2011

I'm experiencing film withdrawals.

Not gonna lie. I kinda miss school. Seeing DJ off to school has made me a bit jealous...Don't get me wrong, I am SO glad to be done with crazy projects, but I kinda miss the challenge...what I really miss is shooting film. Oh MAN. Nothin' like shooting good ol' raw film. Now that I'm out of school, I'll have to take it to get developed rather than develop it myself...BORING! Takes the fun out of everything! And yeah, you can get the same effect with digital+post processing with LR, PS, etc...but seriously. There is nothing.like.raw.film.

I don't want to lose my grip with film. I loved the anticipation build up of not knowing what exactly would come out of the camera. Going into a pitch dark room (more of a nook--kinda creepy when you start thinking scary thoughts) to roll the film into the canister, measuring out all the chemicals, developing the film and watching the clock to make sure I do it just right, getting stinky fix all over my pants, waiting for the film to dry in the dryer, and pulling them out onto the light table to see the outcome.

I miss it dearly.

I still need to scan the rest of my negatives in...actually, maybe not the rest...that could take a while. But here are a few of what I had shot from previous semesters:

I shot this one of Tera for my cyanotypes process. They actually turned out really cool! 
(Unfortunately the cyanotype is definitely not the same feel unless you're seeing the actual print, thus no image of the final process.) 
I had an obsession with how abstract the water can look with reflections of light and such.
I loved all the geometric lines in this shot with the bike.
Not a fan of still lifes. I suck at them. Especially when it had to be conceptual...I really suck at conceptual. So, this is all you're gonna get!
My old man's cameras. My favorite is the Speedex 120 film, SO fun!
Me and the Minolta 7000 MAXXUM baby!
I gotta get back into this...soon.

1 comment:

  1. wow. totally impressed mari! these are all awesome! and, don't miss school. if you went back it would take 1 week to realize school is for the birds! ;)

    ReplyDelete